Whether your personal goal is to manage your weight for fertility treatments, control a health problem like PCOS or learn how to fit healthy eating and activity into your lifestyle, our Nutrition Program can help.
Lead by Hillary Wright, MEd, RD, LDN - the Director of Nutrition Counseling at Boston IVF's Wellness Center, our services will help you to create a unique plan utilizing a non-dieting, behavior-based approach and guide you through the lifestyle and behavior change process in a productive way.
FERTILITY AND NUTRITION 101
Nutrition links with fertility in many different ways:
- being underweight can lead to anovulation, reduced estrogen levels, and increase miscarriage risks
- obesity affects menstruation regularity
- obesity can lead to ovulatory issues and diminished responses to fertility drugs
- obese women are at higher risk for miscarriage, gestational diabetes, hypertension, preeclampsia, or toxemia
- PCOS is linked with insulin resistance, which causes hormonal imbalances in the ovaries
- Hormonal imbalances can interrupt the normal cycle of ovulation
- being overweight can upset the balance of sex hormones, with or without PCOS
- excess abdominal fat can increase the production of androgen levels, which must be consistent for regular ovulation and conception
- excess body fat can trigger imbalances of the hypothalamus and pituitary hormones in the brain, which are needed for normal ovulation
- increased insulin levels due to either obesity or PCOS disrupt the balance of sex hormones in the ovaries, which can interfere with ovulation
ABOUT HILLARY WRIGHT
Director Hillary Wright, MEd, RD, LDN, deeply understands the challenges of incorporating healthy behaviors into daily life. She specializes in fertility nutrition, general women’s health, PCOS, and diabetes.
She has authored numerous books, including The PCOS Diet Plan: A Natural Approach to Health for Women with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome and The Prediabetes Diet Plan: How to Reverse Prediabetes and Prevent Diabetes through Healthy Eating and Exercise.
NUTRITION COUNSELING PROGRAM
By conducting a detailed diet and lifestyle history, Hillary will develop a tailored plan and implement sensible modifications to promote a healthier lifestyle and achieve specific health-related goals.
Hillary works with individuals to address management or prevention of health concerns such as:
- weight control for fertility issues and treatments
- high blood pressure
- high cholesterol
- food sensitivities
- eating disorders
- gluten and lactose intolerance
- women's health issues
- gastrointestinal disorders
- eating disorders
- cardiovascular disease
To learn more about how our Fertility Nutrition Program can help, don't hesitate to contact us for additional information.
**NUTRITION COUNSELING FORM - CLICK HERE TO VIEW
A leader in the treatment and understanding of Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome, our PCOS Program brings together Boston IVF's team of reproductive endocrinologists and Hillary Wright, MEd, RD, LDN - the Director for Nutrition Counseling for the Domar Center for Mind Body Health - to help maximize your overall health and fertility success.
Our PCOS Program offers comprehensive support to those experiencing this condition, as well as for women undergoing fertility treatments.
Through our multidisciplinary approach to treatment, patients have access to a variety of services, including weight management, nutrition counseling, and direct access to psychologists and fertility experts.
Our program offers PCOS patients:
- a thorough fertility workup from a Boston IVF physician who will review your medical history in relation to your PCOS
- continuous guidance from Hillary, who will teach skills you can use to reduce the symptoms of PCOS
- tools to manage depression and self-image conflicts often associated with PCOS
- dietary and exercise guidelines
- weight management strategies
- emotional support to reduce the symptoms of PCOS and help avoid future health problems caused by the condition