It's no coincidence that we offer a fertility wellness center located within Boston IVF's Waltham Fertility Center. Research and experience show that individuals and couples who experience infertility or wish to build a family commonly experience sadness, anxiety, irritability, loneliness, stress, and frustration in response to their unique paths to parenthood. However, it’s important to know that these emotions, though painful, are natural and normal, and you do not have to work through them alone.
Counseling is an integral part of treatment, and our services are designed specifically to help you through difficult times. Each Boston IVF Wellness Center psychologist holds the highest level of licensure in Massachusetts, has 20+ years of experience in treating the emotional aspects of infertility, and intimately understands what you are going through.
Our counseling services are tailored to help remedy the uncertainty you may face when addressing your family-building options, living in ’28 day cycles’, and feeling a general loss in control.
WHEN TO SEE A FERTILITY COUNSELOR
A fertility counselor can help individuals and couples:
- who need help coping with the stress of fertility/family-building treatments and the uncertainty of outcomes
- who have experienced one or more unsuccessful cycles and need to vent and receive advice from a professional who understands
- who have experienced miscarriage
- whose infertility and family-building challenges are causing distress and disruption in their lives
- who are having difficulty dealing with infertility and family-building for any reason, at any time