Boston IVF is the only fertility center in New England to offer in-house acupuncture treatments that synchronize with IUI and IVF procedures. Our acupuncture team works alongside your Boston IVF clinicians to custom-design a course of treatment that is right for you.
We offer acupuncture treatments before and immediately after IUI and IVF procedures seven days a week, 365 days a year.
Program Fast Facts
- each Boston IVF fertility doctor highly recommends fertility acupuncture just before and right after IUI and IVF treatments
- The Domar Center at Boston IVF has performed more than 25,000 fertility acupuncture treatments
HOW ACUPUNCTURE CAN HELP
- enhance the possibility of IVF success by improving diminished ovarian reserve markers
- normalizes menstrual cycle and hormone levels
- increases your likelihood of a successful birth by supporting your body's overall health during pregnancy
- improves pregnancy outcomes if you have experienced recurrent pregnancy loss
- increases blood flow to the uterus and ovaries, which can improve the quality of eggs and heighten chances of a successful implantation
- returns ovulation if you have stopped ovulating due to Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
On the day of your embryo transfer, you will arrive one hour early in Waltham to meet with a Domar Center acupuncture practitioner just before your scheduled procedure. A 30-minute acupuncture treatment will be performed. The pre-transfer treatment uses acupuncture points that help dilate the cervix, making the insertion of embryos easier. Other points are used to calm your nervous system, which relaxes the uterus and causing a decrease in cramping and contractions. Other acupuncture points help improve blood circulation to the uterus to create a thicker uterine lining. The treatment is calming and helps optimize uterine receptivity.
Just after your doctor performs the embryo transfer, you will again visit the Domar Center, where your acupuncturist performs a second acupuncture treatment. Post-transfer treatment focuses on relaxing the nervous system and uses acupuncture points that help circulate additional blood to the uterus. This aids in preventing contractions, nourishes the newly-implanted embryo and makes successful implantation more likely.
For 24-48 hours after an IVF or IUI procedure, acupuncture continues to be effective in putting a patient's mind at ease and decreasing the spasms and cramping sometimes associated with IVF and IUI procedures. Although we recommend patients participate in a longer-term fertility acupuncture program, this one-time option is a stand-alone treatment that offers a higher success rate than no acupuncture at all.
HOW TO SCHEDULE A SESSION
Acupuncture appointments can be scheduled 7 days a week at our Waltham fertility center. Don't hesitate to contact the Domar Center to learn more or to schedule a session.
Acupuncture Questionnaire - https://www.bostonivf.com/content/editor/F-DC-104-Acupuncture-Health-History-Questionnaire.pdf