Prior to your upcoming consultation, it is necessary that your team at Boston IVF receive the following items with sufficient time to process the paperwork and review your medical history.
For this reason, we require all items to be completed and received a minimum of 7 days prior to your appointment. If all items are not received, we may deem it necessary to cancel your appointment and postpone it to a later date.
NEW PATIENT FORMS
You will receive separate emails from Boston IVF (via Conga Sign) to complete new patient paperwork. Spouses and partners will receive a separate email from Conga Sign.
To view the Notice of Privacy Practices, please click here.
EIVF PATIENT PORTAL
Attached to your appointment email will be a Word document with instructions on how to access the eIVF Patient Portal on our website.
Please follow these instructions to complete your History Form. Spouses and partners will receive their own login and must complete a History Form, as well.
Please fax all medical records to Boston IVF at (781) 370-0125.
Most facilities require 2+ weeks to process medical record requests. We advise requesting your records as soon as possible.
If you (or your partner) have had previous infertility testing or treatment, please forward a copy of those records. Also, for female patients, if your pap smear and annual physical are up to date, please forward a copy of those records as well (previous pap smears and physicals are not needed).
- You will be required to fill out a Medical Record Release Form at the facility you are requesting records from. Boston IVF does not provide this form and cannot contact other facilities to request your records.
- Unless you are requesting records from another infertility clinic, please do not request your full medical record file, as it is not necessary. Please just request the individual items.
- Each page of the medical record must have your name and date of birth for legal reasons, and for your protection. Please check for this if you are printing records from a patient portal.
COPY OF INSURANCE CARD & PHOTO ID
Please reply to the encrypted appointment email you receive with a clear photo of your insurance card (front and back) and photo ID (must be government issues and not expired).
Please do not fax, as the images will not be visible. Partners and spouses must also send photos of their insurance cards and ID.
Some insurance plans require a referral from a Primary Care Physician (PCP) to see a specialist. If you are unsure if your insurance plan requires a referral, please contact your insurance company.
Please be mindful of the following when requesting a referral:
- Only PCPs can issue insurance referrals, not OB/GYNs. This is an insurance requirement, not a Boston IVF requirement.
- Some PCP offices need time to process referral requests. We advise requesting referrals as soon as possible.
- The specialty for this appointment is Reproductive Endocrinology, not OB/GYN.
- Referrals should be faxed to Boston IVF at (781) 370-0125.
- Referrals are doctor specific. Please provide your PCP with the NPI # for the provider you see at Boston IVF, listed in your new patient email.