A public hearing with the MA Legislature will be held on November 9th to support Bills H 1116 and S 640. If passed, individuals will have more access to insurance coverage for fertility preservation services after being diagnosed with medical or genetic conditions (cancer, etc.) that impair fertility.
The Massachusetts fertility preservation bill is tentatively scheduled for a Hearing before the Joint Committee on Financial Services (JCFS). At this time, there is no further information pertaining to time, location, or confirmation of date. This update gives us time to take action!
Your advocacy is welcome in any or all of the following ways:
- Participating in the hearing (remote)
- Submitting written testimony
- Calling the committee offices
- Asking YOUR legislators to testify in support of the legislation (Who is the Rep./Sen. For your clinic?)
Testimony can be short and sweet, evidence-based with research cited, or anything you find compelled to share.
An easy formula includes:
- Who you are, where you live (mention if you are a constituent), what you want them to do; “Vote S 640 Ought to Pass” or Vote in Favor of passing out of Committee)
- Why you are compelled to testify in support of this bill; PLEASE include how you believe this law would improve the lives of their constituents
- Summarize and repeat you are asking they “Vote S640 Ought to Pass”
Please feel free to reach out to the amazing advocates at Resolve of New England and Fertility Within Reach by email if you would like to participate or have any questions.
Kate Weldon LeBlanc, Executive Director of RNE: firstname.lastname@example.org
Davina Fankhauser, Co-Founder, Exec. Director of Fertility Within Reach: email@example.com
You can also reach out directly to each organization via IG: @FertilityWithinReach or @ResolveNewEngland