The inability to become pregnant can impact every aspect of your life.
It can hinder relationships with your partner, family, and friends. It can impact your ability to do your job, and even change how you feel about your religious beliefs. Research has shown that women going through infertility have the same level of anxiety and depression as do women with cancer, HIV+ status or heart disease.
That's why we opened the Domar Center for Mind/Body Health in 2006.
Because treating infertility means taking care of the physical and emotional symptoms that often accompany treatments.
where we are located
Located inside Boston IVF's fertility clinic in Waltham, the Domar Center has helped thousands of infertility patients realize their dream of becoming parents. Offering innovative programs that coordinate with your fertility treatments – our services enhance your chance of a healthy, full term pregnancy.
- our Mind/Body for Fertility Program combines effective stress reducing and relaxation techniques in a setting where women can meet others who are feeling exactly the same way. A large federally-funded study showed that 55% of previously infertile women who met regularly in a Mind Body/Fertility Program conceived within six months after the program, compared to only 20% in a control group that used no mind/body techniques.
- each of our psychologists have 20+ years of experience in infertility counseling
- our free, 30-minute counseling sessions with a psychologist (after a failed treatment cycle) offers support as you grieve and teaches you coping skills to use during your next attempt.
- our acupuncturists increase the efficacy of your fertility treatments (just before and after IVF/IUI) and decrease physical symptoms such as cramping or headaches. Data from a recent study shows that pregnancy rates increased by 17% for women who receive acupuncture before/after treatements (compared to those who did not).
- our nutritionists help patients gain or lose weight for IVF, manage PCOS, and provide guidance on how eat a healthful, balanced diet.
We invite you learn more about these helpful and effective modalities that can enhance your fertility success.
To learn more about how the Domar Center for Mind/Body Health's services can help, don't hesitate to contact the Domar Center for more information or to schedule a visit.