May 20, 2020
On May 18, 2020 Governor Baker announced plans for re-opening the Massachusetts economy. Based on the announcement, we would like to introduce our timeline for the resumption of IVF treatment.
Phase 1 of treatment begins on May 26, at which time Boston IVF will offer IVF cycles only for ‘urgent’ cases in which further delay would result in ‘significant worsening of the patient’s condition’.
The clinicians at Boston IVF consider urgent IVF cases to include the following:
- Age ≥ 38 years of age
- Documented severe diminished ovarian reserve
- fertility preservation for cancer or other life-threatening disorder
Phase 2 will allow the start of all IVF cycles for any cause (including elective egg freezing). The Governor clearly states that there is currently no specific date for the start of Phase 2. It will be based upon achieving favorable improvements in COVID-19 metrics. The earliest time for the start of Phase 2 is June 8th.
If you believe that you are eligible to begin your IVF cycle in Phase 1, then please arrange for a telemedicine consultation with your physician as soon as possible. Otherwise, please stay tuned to our website and we will advise you as soon as we know when Phase 2 begins.
EXPANSION OF TREATMENT AVAILABLE STARTING ON JUNE 1, 2020
- 7 Day Monitoring in Waltham (weekends starting June 6-7)
- Gonadotropin IUI (if low risk for OHSS)
- Natural and Letrozole timed frozen embryo transfer cycles
- Donor Egg Bank and My Egg Bank thaw cycles
- OPK IUI and TDI
ONGOING, AVAILABLE SERVICES
- Blood testing
- Saline sonogram
- Endometrial biopsy
- Semen analysis and sperm freezing
IVF IN MAINE AND NEW HAMPSHIRE
- IVF in Maine is expected to resume in June. Currently we are treating patients for IUI and Frozen Embryo Transfer cycles.
- Our brand new IVF center in New Hampshire is undergoing construction and scheduled to open in August, 2020, with IVF cases to follow shortly after.
OFFICE LOCATION UPDATE
All services have been temporarily consolidated and centralized to our Waltham, MA fertility center ONLY. All other Massachusetts and New England-based offices have been temporarily closed.
However, we are now taking steps to begin re-opening these in the coming weeks. Please continue to check back for updates.
WHAT TO DO WHILE WAITING FOR TREATMENTS TO RESUME?
Please do not hesitate to arrange any diagnostic testing that your doctor has ordered. Please call our office in Waltham to speak to our nursing team or administrative team if you have any questions.
Your doctor is available for a video or phone consult, which is typically covered by insurance companies during the pandemic. If not, we will not charge you. Please do not hesitate to contact our center at 888-300-2483 if you have any questions