August 1, 2020
**IVF HAS FULLY RESUMED**
Massachusetts has entered Phase 2 of the state’s reopening plans and Boston IVF is pleased to announce it has resumed IVF treatment, effective June 8, 2020.
All new patient appointments and follow-up visits continue to be via telehealth.
The following services are now available to all individuals and couples at Boston IVF:
- Frozen embryo transfers
- Egg Freezing
- Ovulation induction and insemination cycles
- Donor egg (via My Egg Bank/Donor Egg Bank) for previously created frozen donor embryos
- Fresh donor & gestational carrier cycles may be done on a case-by-case basis
The Domar Center for Mind/Body Health (at our Waltham location) is now open for:
- Acupuncture for pre/post embryo transfer, pre/post IUI, and all other patients (seven days/week)
- Nutrition and mental health counseling
- The Mind/Body Program for Infertility will be offered online, via Zoom. The next group begins in late Sept./early Oct.
Boston IVF continues to reopen satellite offices throughout Massachusetts and across New England. New patient appointments and follow-up visits continue to be via telemedicine only at this time. Please continue to check this page for updates on additional re-openings.
Effective August 1, 2020 – all visitors and returning residents entering Massachusetts must follow new travel orders. All visitors entering Massachusetts (including returning residents) who do not meet an exemption are required to complete the MA Travel Form prior to arrival, unless you are visiting from a lower-risk state designated by the Dept. of Public Health – and quarantine for 14 days or produce a negative COVID-19 test result that has been administered up to 72 hours prior to your arrival in Massachusetts. Click here for more information.
IVF IN MAINE
Our IVF center in Portland, ME has also resumed normal operations, in addition to treating patients for IUI, IVF, and frozen embryo transfer cycles.
IVF IN NEW HAMPSHIRE
As noted above, our current Bedford, NH location is now open for monitoring for cycling patients. New patient appointments and follow-up visits continue to be via telemedicine only at this time. Our brand new, full-service IVF center in Bedford, NH is scheduled to open in September, 2020, with IVF cases to follow shortly after.
We are also happy to announce that Tom Toth, MD is expanding his practice and will soon see new patients via telemedicine at our Bedford, NH fertility center. Dr. Toth joins mainstay New Hampshire fertility doctor Kristin Wright, MD to offer the most comprehensive fertility treatment in New Hampshire.
SAFETY PROTOCOLS AT BOSTON IVF
ONGOING, AVAILABLE SERVICES
- Monitoring (7 days/week at our Waltham Center)
- Gonadotropin IUI
- Natural and Letrozole timed frozen embryo transfer cycles
- Donor Egg Bank and My Egg Bank thaw cycles
- OPK IUI and TDI
- Blood testing
- Saline sonogram
- Endometrial biopsy
- Semen analysis and sperm freezing
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- Minimal nurse staffing
- Physician on-call
WEEKEND INSTRUCTIONS FOR PATIENTS PREPARING TO CYCLE
- A Boston IVF nurse will contact all patients that are currently in a treatment cycle with their daily monitoring results and instructions
- All patients that get their menses (cycle day 1) between 9am-2pm and need to book cycle day 3 or baseline testing should call the answering service and leave a message for a return call
- All patients that are cleared by their Boston IVF team to start a treatment cycle and get their menses (cycle day 1) should call between 9am-2pm the answering service and leave a message for a return call
- All other routine calls should wait until the next business day
- As always there is a physician on call every weekend for medical emergencies