DECEMBER 7, 2020 UPDATE
Please note that Boston IVF is not affected by new state guidelines announced on 12/7/20. The guidelines DO NOT AFFECT outpatient services, ambulatory services, or doctor’s offices.
Boston IVF will remain open for all procedures.
All new patient appointments and follow-up visits continue to be via telehealth.
The following services are available to all individuals and couples at Boston IVF:
- Frozen embryo transfers
- Egg Freezing
- Ovulation induction and insemination cycles
- Donor egg (via My Egg Bank/Donor Egg Bank) for previously created frozen donor embryos
- Fresh donor & gestational carrier cycles may be done on a case-by-case basis
The Domar Center for Mind/Body Health (at our Waltham location) is now open for:
- Acupuncture for pre/post embryo transfer, pre/post IUI, and all other patients (seven days/week)
- Nutrition and mental health counseling
- The Mind/Body Program for Infertility will be offered online, via Zoom. The next group begins in late Sept./early Oct.
PARTNERs / visitor support for IVF
We are happy to announce the introduction of a new platform that will allow partners or a support person to virtually participate during embryo transfers.
While partners / support persons are still unable to attend in person, we have created a ZOOM platform that will allow virtual attendance. All that is required is for the partner to download the ZOOM application to their preferred device and the patient to provide the partner / support person’s email address. Your clinical team members will discuss this new option with you at the appropriate time.
Boston IVF continues to reopen satellite offices throughout Massachusetts and across New England. New patient appointments and follow-up visits continue to be via telemedicine only at this time. Please continue to check this page for updates on additional re-openings.
All visitors entering Massachusetts (including returning residents) who do not meet a travel exemption are required to complete the MA Travel Form prior to arrival (unless you are visiting from a lower-risk state designated by the Dept. of Public Health), quarantine for 14 days or produce a negative COVID-19 test result that has been administered up to 72 hours prior to your arrival in Massachusetts. Click here for more information.
IVF IN MAINE
Our IVF center in Portland, ME has resumed normal operations, in addition to treating patients for IUI, IVF, and frozen embryo transfer cycles.
IVF IN NEW HAMPSHIRE
Our brand new fertility center in Bedford, NH is now open for cycle monitoring. New patient appointments and follow-up visits continue to be via telemedicine only at this time. On-site IVF procedures will begin in early 2021.
SAFETY PROTOCOLS AT BOSTON IVF
ONGOING, AVAILABLE SERVICES
- Monitoring (7 days/week at our Waltham Center)
- Gonadotropin IUI
- Natural and Letrozole timed frozen embryo transfer cycles
- Donor Egg Bank and My Egg Bank thaw cycles
- OPK IUI and TDI
- Blood testing
- Saline sonogram
- Endometrial biopsy
- Semen analysis and sperm freezing
- Intrauterine Insemination (IUI)
- Minimal nurse staffing
- Physician on-call
WEEKEND INSTRUCTIONS FOR PATIENTS PREPARING TO CYCLE
- A Boston IVF nurse will contact all patients that are currently in a treatment cycle with their daily monitoring results and instructions
- All patients that get their menses (cycle day 1) between 9am-2pm and need to book cycle day 3 or baseline testing should call the answering service and leave a message for a return call
- All patients that are cleared by their Boston IVF team to start a treatment cycle and get their menses (cycle day 1) should call between 9am-2pm the answering service and leave a message for a return call
- All other routine calls should wait until the next business day
- As always there is a physician on call every weekend for medical emergencies